Thursday, February 23, 2006

Transfer-Wk 16,Fri.-It's not just us

I have a page on stuttering on my professional website titled “Stuttering and why I hate telephones”. There are a few links to stuttering related resources and blogs (great ones like mine). ;-)

Anyway, at least twice a month, I will get a hit from somebody searching the phrase “I hate telephones”. As soon as I see this, I assume it’s a stutterer doing the search. I also assume that the other 904 matches this search finds, would be about stuttering also.

But to my surprise, they aren’t. At least not any I’ve looked at.

This kind of blows my mind … it’s like non-stutterers being afraid of public speaking. I just don’t get it. But it is kind of comforting to know, it’s not only stutterers who dislike telephones. ;-)


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home