Sunday, February 19, 2006

Transfer-Wk 15,Sun-Eleven Timbits

Yesterdays Drive Thru transfer was a lot more time consuming than I could ever imagine. In over 3 hours, I only did 9. Most of the time was spent trying to locate Tim Hortons restaurants with Drive Thru’s. Because I needed to do other things with my family yesterday, I wound up doing this in Toronto. And as I drove around, I noticed, the closer to the center of the city I got, the harder it was to find a drive thru. At one point, I actually got on the highway, drove back out to the edge of Toronto, and started working my way back in again.

I was unable to do one successful transfer yesterday. So due to the fact that I was actually practicing with bad skills, I thought I should try to attack this activity again at a later date. I’m not giving up, but what I started doing may have been counter productive.

I’ve highlighted my missed targets in the chart below. You may notice from the included audio, that I was having an amazing amount of trouble with the word 'One'. All I can really figure out from this is that I'm missing the slow change target perhaps. Moving too quickly from one sound to the next. Or quite possibly a Stretched Syllable, problem where I’m not stretching enough. This was especially aggravating as I never had a problem with this when I did it on my own. But I'm sure I don't have to explain that to anybody else who stutters right? ;-)

Transfer No.FBSSGOSCRAP IRAP IIACFAM 
1      
2     Listen
3    Listen
4      Listen
5     Listen
6      Listen
7    Listen
8     Listen
9    Listen


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home