Sunday, February 19, 2006

Transfer-Wk 15,Sun-Eleven Timbits

Yesterdays Drive Thru transfer was a lot more time consuming than I could ever imagine. In over 3 hours, I only did 9. Most of the time was spent trying to locate Tim Hortons restaurants with Drive Thru’s. Because I needed to do other things with my family yesterday, I wound up doing this in Toronto. And as I drove around, I noticed, the closer to the center of the city I got, the harder it was to find a drive thru. At one point, I actually got on the highway, drove back out to the edge of Toronto, and started working my way back in again.

I was unable to do one successful transfer yesterday. So due to the fact that I was actually practicing with bad skills, I thought I should try to attack this activity again at a later date. I’m not giving up, but what I started doing may have been counter productive.

I’ve highlighted my missed targets in the chart below. You may notice from the included audio, that I was having an amazing amount of trouble with the word 'One'. All I can really figure out from this is that I'm missing the slow change target perhaps. Moving too quickly from one sound to the next. Or quite possibly a Stretched Syllable, problem where I’m not stretching enough. This was especially aggravating as I never had a problem with this when I did it on my own. But I'm sure I don't have to explain that to anybody else who stutters right? ;-)

Transfer No.FBSSGOSCRAP IRAP IIACFAM 
1      
2     Listen
3    Listen
4      Listen
5     Listen
6      Listen
7    Listen
8     Listen
9    Listen


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:07:00 AM, Blogger MarvThroneberryII said...

My battle with drive thrus :

Me: I would like a regular order of fries and a diet coke, please.(fluent)

Nimrod: Do you wish to try our super-sized value meal?

Me: No.. j-j-just the order that I gave, thank you

Nimrod: What was that?

Me: I, I, s-ssaid that I wish to have a rrrregular fries and a diet coke. PLEASE.

Nimrod: Just regular fries and a diet coke? Do you wish to supersize those?

Me: NO

Nimrod: (unintelligible)

Me: E--e..e.excuse me??

Nimrod: Do you wish the fries and diet coke to be regular sized?

...and so on. I'm good for the first salvo, then these banal creatures on the other end either do not hear it, and/or they say other things to trip me up.It's almost like it is intentional: Drive Thru workers are agents of the mischievious Fluency gods when they want to play a joke on PWSers;-)

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 2:01:00 AM, Blogger Tom said...

Steppendaft
Yo, I totally agree, sometimes when i try to speak clearly and slowly, they interrupt your speech by frowning and say stuff like" sorry, what was that?" If they can just shut up for a few seconds, then i can get my words out. It also happend when i was at the MEPS ( military entrance process station), people there are mean asses, they think they are serving in the armed forces now, so they are in a way better than the new receuits, therefore shows us with not much of respect.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home