Monday, February 13, 2006

Transfer-Wk 15,Mon-Almost as good as a drive thru

In order to update an automated Visa charge, to a new card, I just called their hot-line. As if phones aren’t bad enough, it was entirely voice automated.

You know the kind. The anti-stutter, you’re too expensive of a customer if we can’t automate your service, go somewhere else, type of automated customer service.

No problem!

Controlled speech pattern – 1
Anti-stuttering automated voice phone system – 0

Jeeze … I’m almost starting to feel normal.


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of using one of those voice automated phone systems once...it was terrible. The robot on the other end asked where my addres was and I just kept on blocking on the word 'Dixion'. Oh the pain! Especially when you're actualyl 'helping' someone else for a phone call...and I felt really bad obviousely. With your mum on the other end of the room asking why the system isn't working wasn't that muc hhelp either. So I ended up sorting everything out on the net. -_-
I really should of just told them about my stuttering huh. That would of made everything alot simpler...


Meng

 

Post a Comment

<< Home