Monday, February 13, 2006

Transfer-Wk 15,Mon-Web Statistics

As stated previously, I started this blog mostly to document my unique experience in therapy, and possibly provide some hope and inspiration to others ... assuming I'm successful of course.

Having said that, this is a pointless waste of time if nobody is reading it. So I do try to promote my blog, and watch my web stats (as dismal as they are).

In watching my web stats however, I noticed something interesting. During the Phase I part of my blog, I discussed how stuttering has effected my life, and the blog was predominantly negative. And I got a lot of comments on how I should lighten up. One person I met not only told me my blog was negative but said he thought I might show up with a gun! lol ... trust me ... that's not my style.

With regards to my web stats however, I noticed a steady increase in traffic. Until I started my therapy, where I witnessed my web stats top out and quickly drop off once I entered Phase II & III of this blog. I thought these would be my most interesting posts ... this is when I thought things would start to pick up. I interpret this one of 2 things; a) people lost interest when I stopped whining about my problems, or b) my therapy posts were just too dry. I’m leaning towards the whining theory though, since my traffic continued to drop even after therapy ended.

Anyway, as you can see by my stats below; a) there isn't much interest in a blog about stuttering, and b) I'm steadily increasing again and back to Phase I levels. So that's nice.

I receive visits from several countries around the world, most notably, several regular visitors in the Toronto area, United States, UK, New Zealand, Hungary, Pakistan, and France. But also semi-regular / occasional visits from; Australia, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, India, Spain, Ireland, Latvia, Bulgaria, Israel, Italy, Belgium, Norway, Malaysia, Japan, Slovenia, Denmark, Kuwait, Mexico, Sweden, Serbia and Montenegro, Netherlands, South Africa, Finland, Singapore, Chile, Brazil, United Arab Emirates, Portugal, Peru, Bahamas, Iran, Croatia, Cyprus, and Thailand.

People tend to visit repeatedly when they first find my blog. I assume they're reading all the archives ... I've written a lot since September. So this is a positive thing.

And only about 25-30% of my visits are referred from search engines and other sites. This means most people have bookmarked me and are proactive repeat visitors. So I'm interpreting that as very positive thing.

PhaseWeekUnique Visits (first 4-5 wks missing)
IWeek 3974XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IWeek 4082XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IWeek 41107XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIWeek 42106XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIWeek 43100XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIWeek 4474XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 4548XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 4661XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 4755XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 4831XXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 4942XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 5030XXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 5162XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 5238XXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 0177XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 0249XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 0382XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 0491XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 0591XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIIWeek 06118XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


By the way, a Unique Visit is when the reader first comes to the site. If the reader reads comments and archives for 4 hours, they will still only show up as one unique visit. But if they leave, and come back 5 minutes later, it counts as a second unique visit.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everybody for continuing to read what I have to say and supporting me in my journey.

Sincerely,
John MacIntyre


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thank you for creating this blog! You have made a amazing effort in sharing your expereinces with us - a bunch of strangers - and that alone is a positive and admirable thing.

I think your blog is wonderful and checking on your updates has officially became a daily routine of mine lol.

keep up the good work John! :)


Meng

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Blogger John MacIntyre said...

Thanks guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home