Monday, January 02, 2006

Transfer-Wk 9,Mon.-Structured Transfers

Last stuttered on 01/02/060 days since last stutter
0 times through drive through4 days since missing shaping
0 days since missing review2 structured phone calls made
1 speeches made0 sales calls made
0 conversations initiated 


Today I got back on the ball doing my structured transfers. I decided to do 10 phone calls and ask computer stores and hair stylist places “Are you open today?”.. “Thank You.”.

I figured since it’s the first working day after a weekend statutory holiday, the question is plausibly realistic. Even if answering my call makes the answer self-evident.

Bottom line; I got 2 phone calls done in a half hour.

The first phone call I got stuck on “Today” & “Thank You”. I wasn’t that nervous when I started making the call, but by the third ring, I noticed my hand was shaking. I was actually shocked to notice it, since I didn’t think I was that nervous. The big targets I missed were Reduced Articulatory Pressure (RAP II) and Amplitude Contour (AC). I know I missed my RAP II target since my tongue felt like it had teeth marks in it. I believe I missed AC because I got stuck in mid sentence.

I finally got around to my second call after taking a breather and making a series of unanswered calls. My second call was so bad that I actually hung up midway through it. I haven’t done that for a long time. And I don’t mean a “not since my therapy” long time, I mean it’s been at least a year.

Basically, on my second call, I had trouble with “Are”, but managed to get it out. But with “You”, I couldn’t get past the “Y” … it just dragged on forever. “Are” may have been a missed Stretched Syllable target, but the problem with “You”, I can only assume it was a problem with Slow Change since it happened mid-syllable.

After these 2 calls, I decided to take a break and move to something a little less challenging. I attempted to call 3 people I’ve met through therapy, none answered, but at least I successfully used my targets on their voice mail.


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home