Monday, October 30, 2006

Update and PFSP Information

Wow, have I been slacking lately! ;-)

Somebody sent me an email this evening asking where he could find more information on PFSP. After I finished my ussual overly verbose reply, I realised I should actually post it on my blog.

But while I'm here, I suppose I should update you on my current status. I still don't practice as much as I should, but I do still practice. My transfers are inconsistent, but things like the drive through, have become an almost daily event ... it's not something I think about too much any more.

I had originally planned to stop the blog after a year had passed, which would have been October 17th. But I still have a few things I want to say, so I'm going to wait until I have the time to say it. Then I'll end the blog officially.

Anyway; Info on PFSP.

The program I took was at the Speech Foundation of Ontario

The program was originally created by Ronald Webster

Ross Barrett runs a similar program in the states.

Also; Judy Kuster has a lot of links and may have more detailed information. Or you can Google her site (pfsp OR "fluency shaping" OR "P.F.S.P.") site:mnsu.edu/comdis/kuster/

If you still can't find anything, you might want to contact Tom Weidig, he probably knows of a link.

Good luck.


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

12 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

I've just found your blog; I'm a stammerer from Kuwait; Your blog is very rich with useful information; it will be visiting your blog frequently :)

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Abdulla Syed said...

Hi,
I have my first toastmaster meeting up on thursay. The trouble is that I stammer.(:-).

Your blog told me lots of things i did not know before. Thanks a lot.

wish me luck(:-.

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 3:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John,

I hope you had a good holiday. I remember a while back you posted something on this blog about the humor writer Rob Bloom who writes the comedy humor articles and you mentioned that Rob Bloom stutters. I was wondering if you had or knew of any way of getting in touch with Mr. Bloom?

Kent T.

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:16:00 PM, Blogger John MacIntyre said...

Abdulla - Good Luck! Toastmasters is a fantastic organization.

Kent - I posted some links to his writing on Monday, September 19, 2005. And I believe his home page is at http://www.robbloom.com/

 
At Friday, January 04, 2008 7:58:00 PM, Blogger Tim O'Brien said...

Hey John, I just wrote a big annoying post about stuttering over here: http://blog.discursive.com/2008/01/stuttering-how-do-you-react.html

 
At Friday, November 07, 2008 2:22:00 PM, Blogger Faisal said...

Hi John
I just wanted to know who do I have to see/get in touch, to get disability as you had one of your post on disability?

 
At Sunday, March 22, 2009 2:34:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is my first visit and have already started liking this post, just keep posting like this, just started following your feeds!

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:53:00 PM, Anonymous robert said...

i like this blog....
Motoring & Automotive Jobs | Careers & Recruitment at Jobscharger.com
http://www.jobscharger.com/JobIndustry/Motoring-Automotive-27-.html

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Thomas David Kehoe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Thomas David Kehoe said...

Please write a blog about my free e-book: What Stuttering Treatments Are Effective? It's a short, easy-to-read evidence-based review of 200+ studies. Download the e-book now from http://casafuturatech.com/stuttering-e-book

 
At Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:36:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings friends, I wanted to ask them to put on their websites and blogs link to my blog permanently, I teach many very effective for stuttering techniques, and teach all free, translated into all languages ..... tartamudosenmadrid.blogspot. com

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:42:00 AM, Anonymous Silver Tips Free Trial said...

nice information about PSFP

Commodity Silver Tips Perfect

 

Post a Comment

<< Home