Monday, May 08, 2006

Transfer-Wk 27,Mon-Burnt out

Rob posted a comment on my last post:
How did your transfer go in Toronto this week?
Well, I really over estimated how much time I’d have to spend on this, but I can say this; the time I spent doing transfers had a recurring theme; missed Full Breath and Stretched Syllable. I am speaking way to fast, and not breathing properly at all.

To tell the truth, I’m feeling really run down, hence the recent lack of postings. I’m forcing myself to do my daily exercises and routine communications. It’s not just my speech therapy though, it’s everything. Maybe I need a vacation … it has been a year … I think I’ll take a couple days off later in the week.

There are a couple challenges coming up; Wednesday evening, I have my 4th speech at Toastmasters, and next week, I have an interview with a new client. This interview is important to me since it will allow me to diversify my income to a point where I will not be completely dependent on any one client … that will be great!

On June 9th, the Stuttering Centre will be putting on a One-Day Spring Refresher. That will be nice. I question their choice of doing this on a weekday, but it will be worth rearranging my schedule. These events always get me back on track and keep me motivated.

I’ll let you know how my speech goes on Wednesday. I will try to remember to record this one, but so far, I’ve been so wrapped up in the moment, that I’ve forgotten every time.


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home