Monday, July 17, 2006

Transfer-Wk 37,Mon-Finally, a new post



My previous post seemed to imply that I’ve been on vacation for a heck of a long time. Strangers stumbling onto my blog, may assume I’m either so rich I can take a 6 week vacation, or that I was “detained” indefinitely in a communist country. ;-)

Fact is, I’ve just been busy. Actually, I’ve been so busy, that I’ve barely read an email that isn’t from a paying client.

Maintaining a blog is a lot of work, which is probably the reason so many bloggers fail to keep their blogs alive. Tom is doing a good job though, and Sophie seems to have kept A Secret Stutter Exposed pretty active since March, even though I’ve barely read either since before my vacation.

I did meet the doctor at the resort when I was there, so I asked about stutterers in Cuba. I was curious about how people who stutter would be treated in a communist country. Were they given therapy, or pigeon holed into meaningless occupations by some ignorant bureaucrat. The doctor told me that any child displaying a speech impediment would be given therapy (although I didn’t ask what kind).

Anyway, I will try to blog more in the future. I want to maintain the blog until October, so it’s not much longer. Also, I have a therapy follow up on Wednesday, so there should be something to say after that.


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:04:00 PM, Blogger Closet Stutterer said...

Hi John,

Thank you for the mention. I think I'd have a hard time keeping up a blog if I had a view like that. *:o)

All the best,
Sophie

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:30:00 AM, Blogger John MacIntyre said...

"I think I'd have a hard time keeping up a blog if I had a view like that."

Yeah, that didn't come out very well did it? It sounded more like a chore than anything else.

Anyway, welcome to the blogsphere. ;-)

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:54:00 PM, Blogger John MacIntyre said...

Thanks Stan, I'm glad you find the blog informative.

Basically, I'm planning to end the blog in October since the purpose of the blog was to follow my progress through therapy and the following year.

Also, writing the amount of content I've generally contributed does take time. I'm hoping to redirect that time to other things. For example; I'm in the process of incorporating my proprietorship and approaching my business in a more professional manner.

To be honest though, I'm not sure I could maintain a quality blog for longer than a year. I've actually felt the quality of Pebbles Under The Tongue slipping in the past couple months.

Thanks again for the comments.

Regards,
John

 
At Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see this sort of information and the facts which you share,and obviously this is a fantastic blog!...
best seo in karachi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home