Tuesday, October 04, 2005

WARNING-Pre-therapy posts may be negative.

It has been mentioned that my blog is predominantly negative. Actually, I have noticed this, and was planning on mentioning it in a post. But, since I didn’t know where to fit it in, I’ve been sitting on it for a while.

At first when I noticed this, I thought about posting more positive comments. But after thinking about it, the first part of my blog is how stuttering has effected my life. And perhaps I’m being overly pessimistic, but I really don’t feel it has affected my life in a very pleasant way.

Also, when I started the blog, I really did not consider who my target audience would be. My goal with the pre-therapy phase of the blog, was to explain my problem to a non-stutterer, who may not realize just how much such a simple problem can limit me. Had I realized the obvious, that only other stutterers and speech therapists would have any interest in finding and reading a blog about speech therapy, I don’t think I would have bothered with the pre-therapy phase. I mean the information is hardly new. I’m actually kind of embarrassed.

I do plan to keep up the pre-therapy part of the blog, and it may stay relatively negative until therapy begins. Once therapy begins on October 17th, I expect the blog will become predominantly positive.

Thanks for your patience.


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home