Sunday, October 23, 2005

PFSP Week 1-Frustration


I’ve heard a saying to the effect of “You should welcome frustration. Because when you get frustrated, you’re about to learn something”. Well, if that’s true, I’m about to make a major breakthrough! Possibly even discover a strategy for world peace, or a way to reverse global warming!

I am SSSSSSSSOOOOOOO frustrated! And I’m tired! I feel like I’ve spent the entire weekend in front of that Gentle Onset test box! And I’ve still got homework left.

I slowly grind away at the exercises, checking off each sound as I do it correctly, then, when I’m almost finished a particular sound group, I’ll get stuck and spend 20 minutes on a single check. Some times this may be the last one, and I just need to say it one more time, but it takes me 35 minutes.

I haven’t done it (yet), but I bet that test box has been thrown across a few rooms in it’s lifetime. ;-)

Overall the week has been good. I learnt a lot and picked up a few insights about my problem. The fact that I’m not breathing properly is HUGE!

It’s also ironic that most of my problems with speech, has to do with the ill conceived strategies I’ve adopted over the years to try to push through the stutter. If I just stuttered the way I did when I was 7, I’d be fine.

I was hoping to summarize what I learnt this week, and possibly add something insightfull, but really; I just want to get to bed before 1am. So, back to my homework.


Not meant as advice, please find a qualified therapist if you are interested in similar therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home